- Profesor de arte
Start date: August 2019
Application deadline: May 15, 2019
ABOUT AVENOR COLLEGE
We are a non-profit school for students aged 2-19, founded in 2007 and celebrating our first decade of educating tomorrow’s leaders today. We opened as a nursery school, and the first students entered the High School in 2015. Our first A-level class will graduate in 2019.
Our teaching staff is a mixture of Romanian and British.
It is the school’s success that has allowed us to grow so rapidly. From modest beginnings, we have grown to 500 pupils from Kindergarten to lower sixth, and we expect our enrolment to exceed 650 by 2020.
As the school expands, we need to appoint enthusiastic and dynamic professionals to contribute to the teaching of Arts from August 2019.
Visual art, music and drama are all integral components of Avenor College. Students are encouraged to use various art forms as a means of formulating and expressing ideas, perceptions and feelings. Students will learn to value the contribution of the arts to daily life, cultural identity and diversity.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following professional characteristics:
- Outstanding, dynamic and inspirational Art teacher;
- Ability to demonstrate, assess and develop a wide variety of artistic talents and skills;
- Teaching excellence and first-rate subject knowledge;
- Evidence of creative and exciting approach to the teaching and learning of Arts;
- Ability to inspire children in their Art lessons and produce high quality, inspiring exhibitions in which the children contribute eagerly and happily;
- High levels of organisational ability;
- Communication skills – to liaise with colleagues, parents and to engage children;
- A confident and competent user of ICT.
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
- Excellent communicator;
- Ability to work as part of a team, co-operative and personable;
- Professional, dedicated, hard-working and motivated;
- Organised, reliable and has good administrative skills;
- A warm, caring and fun personality with a good sense of humour.
- A Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Continuing professional development opportunities;
- A great team spirit;
- A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated team.
Please send your complete resume/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest) and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs
Additionally, ensure that your CV includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures, we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks.