Avenor believes nutrition to be a central element to the education we give to children.
Consequently, all aspects concerning the meals have been very carefully looked at and the final decisions were made after meeting and consulting with parents, paediatricians, and nutritionists.
At the nursery school level the meals are provided as follows:
- -There are 3 daily meals: morning snack (which is brought from home by each child with the request to ensure that it includes healthy items), lunch and afternoon snack.
- -The menus were selected taking into account the parents’ feedback with the aim of ensuring that they are both healthy and appealing to children.
- -We improve menus periodically based on our observations and parents’ feedback.
- -Lunch and the afternoon snack are provided by Avenor College Cafeteria. Starting with the academic year 2016 - 2017, the school's cafeteria has a fully equipped kitchen where a team from our partner Flavours Catering cooks and serves lunch and the afternoon snack for the students.
- -Meal times are considered to be an educational moment that is important for the personal and social development of children; consequently, teachers eat alongside children ensuring that they acquire healthy and socially habits related to eating.