As a prime area of development, the personal, social and emotional development of children in Avenor Nursery is monitored closely by class teachers qualified in early development and education, as well as by the counsellor.
Developing self-confidence and self-awareness, managing feelings and behaviour and building relationships are the three main objectives that constitute the basis of our weekly Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED) Circle Time (for the Nursery groups) and Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) Circle Time (for the Reception and Year 1 groups).
Apart from the weekly personal development age-group sessions organised in the classroom, in Avenor Nursery personal, social and emotional development is promoted through:
- Circle Time activities with the class teachers;
- Star of the Week programme;
- Specific co-curricular activities for children;
- Community events for children and parents;
- Trips, walks and visits outside of the nursery school for children;
- Joint-group activities for children;
- Parent - Teacher Consultations for parents;.
- Parenting Workshops for parents integrated in the ‘School from Home’ programme.
In Avenor Nursery we believe that building and maintaining positive relationships with parents is a priority in supporting each child’s individual learning pathway.