The Avenor College Scholarship Programme offers middle school and high school students scholarships that cover between 25% and 100% of the annual tuition fee. The scholarships are awarded for one school year with the possibility of renewal.
Please find below more information about the awarding of scholarships, criteria, registration and the programme schedule for the 2020-2021 school year for students outside the Avenor community.
DEFINITION OF THE AVENOR COLLEGE SCHOLAR
The Avenor scholar demonstrates exceptional academic and co-curricular results, is a model of behavior, has a proactive attitude towards learning, actively participates in school events, is a good colleague and friend. For a wider context, we invite you to read the profile of the Avenor College graduate.
The Avenor Scholarship Programme opened in December 2019 is dedicated to students outside our community*:
- Middle school students (Grades 6 and 7) outside the Avenor community. You can find details about the scholarship criteria for middle school by accessing this link.
- Students in Grades 8 (Year 9) and 10 (Year 11) outside the Avenor community. You can find details about the scholarship criteria for high school by accessing this link.
*Students from the Avenor community benefit from a separate application process. For more details, access this link.
Applications for students outside the Avenor community are open from January to April 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
- Check the criteria for obtaining an Avenor scholarship
- Write your application essay in English*
- Complete the online application form and upload the requested documents
*The candidate will research about Avenor College (using our website www.avenor.ro and social media pages) and will write a personal statement on the following topic: “My future at Avenor”. Please check the essay writing assessment criteria for Middle School and for High School.
The scholarship committee will evaluate the applications and decide the finalists. The scholarship committee members are: Diana Segărceanu, Executive Director, Dana Papadima, Educational Director, Georgiana Socoliu, Middle School Coordinator, Andrew Sutton, High School Coordinator and Darren Hugill, Director of Learning.
- Be invited together with their parents for an interview with the Admission Manager and will sit exams on different subjects. Check the examination subjects for all levels here.
- Spend a day in school and attend a scholarship committee meeting.
Following this process, the applicants’ parents will receive the scholarship contract in which the conditions for granting the scholarship are stipulated. If the scholarship offer is accepted, the contract will be signed and the student will be enrolled at Avenor College.
Contact person for the Scholarship Programme at Avenor College - Luminița Susanu (phone: 0724 010 615, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
SHORT HISTORY OF THE AVENOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Avenor Foundation has been offering scholarships to Avenor College students since 2010. The quantum of these scholarships, until now (2019), has risen up to almost 361.925 euros. Until the present moment, 80 students have benefited from these programmes.