Last update March 2023
The protection of your personal data is important to us, therefore we pay particular attention to the protection of the personal data of all those with whom we carry out commercial operations, as well as the privacy of visitors who access the AVENOR website, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/ 679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, dated April 27, 2016 regarding the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (“GDPR”).
What cookies we have and how they are used
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by the websites you visit. Your web browser sends these cookies back to the website that set them on each subsequent visit so that they can make the website work more efficiently as well as provide useful information such as how you use he website.
Depending on the duration of their use, Cookies can be classified:
- Session cookies – last only for the duration of your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser. The AVENOR website uses session cookies.
- Persistent cookies – remain on the computer or device after the browser is closed for a period of time that may differ depending on the type of cookies used. The AVENOR website uses persistent cookies.
How cookies are used on the AVENOR website
The main purposes for which cookies are used are the following:
Essential or strictly necessary cookies
- These cookies are essential for the website to function.
- These cookies do not collect information about you that could be used for marketing or analytics (see below).
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for example, which AVENOR pages are accessed more often by visitors.
- They can also show us which email or web page visitors clicked to visit our site and whether you opened an email we sent you.
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors access and use our website. This is used to monitor performance, report and provide data that will influence site improvements.
- Cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of people visiting the site, their gender and age, the number of pages they looked at, which pages they visited and how long they stayed.
Cookies for marketing and advertising
AVENOR works with third parties who serve ads or present offers on our behalf and customize the content you see. Cookies may be used by those third parties to create a profile of your interests and to show you relevant ads on other sites. It does not store personal information directly, but uses a unique identifier in your browser or internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will receive less targeted content.
What cookies are used on the Avenor website
The AVENOR website uses:
- PHPSESSID – a session cookie and expires when the site is closed
Statistics and marketing cookies from Google Analytics:
- _ga – valid for 2 years,
- _gat – valid for 1 minute,
- _gid – valid for 24 hours,
- __utmz – valid for 6 months,
- __utma – valid for 2 years,
- __utmb – valid for 30 minutes,
- __utmt – valid for 10 minutes,
- __utm – valid until the browser is closed,
- __utmc – expires when the browser and IDE are closed (used by Google DoubleClick to record user actions after viewing or clicking on one of the advertising banners, as a measure of advertising effectiveness).
For the AVENOR Blog (www.avenor.ro/blog) there is
- _icl_current_language – a preference cookie valid for 1 year
- wpml_referer_url – and statistics cookie valid for 1 year.
For admissions.avenor.ro it exists
- _gat_gtag – marketing cookie from Google – valid for 2 years
- NID – marketing cookie that records a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device – valid for 6 months.
What kind of personal data are accessed through cookies?
Cookies ensure a pleasant browsing experience for AVENOR website visitors and support the efforts of many websites to provide comfortable services to users: e.g. – online privacy preferences, website language options, shopping baskets, etc.
Controlling, deactivating and deleting cookies
Most cookies can be controlled from your browser settings. Can you:
- View individual cookies along with their expiration date and delete them.
- Block third-party cookies (or ask them not to be tracked).
- Block all cookies.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
If you choose to block all cookies, many websites will not function properly and functionality may suffer. We do not recommend disabling cookies when using our site for this reason.
The links below will direct you to instructions for changing cookie settings in the most popular browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
Alignment of the Cookies Policy with the requirements of the legislation in force
The retention of user data and the rules related to them are regulated by the European Directive on the security of electronic information 58/2002, which has as its national equivalent Law no. 506 of November 17, 2004 regarding the processing of personal data and the protection of private life in the sector of electronic communications.
Through this Cookies Page we demonstrate compliance with the GDPR principle of transparency, because we explain to users:
- What are cookies
- Why cookies are used
- Which cookies are essential
- What are the types of cookies used
- The retention period of each type of cookie
- How you can accept or reject cookies through simple and direct actions
- The option to set cookies by setting the menus in the browser.